- Free hotel pick up and drop off
- royal horse carriage ride in ancient Bagan through a narrow sandy road
- Cottage industry of making palm sugar, palm wine, peanut oil, and local whisky
- Chance to climb snaking staircase encircling rugged terrain
- Enjoy a 360-degree view at the top of Mount Popa
- Feel the countryside’s fresh breeze on the way.
- View a spectacular volcano rounded by a range of mountains.
- Get to meet some local villagers
- Discovery of a monastery complex with shrines to the spirits
- Expansive view & comfortable ride in air-conditioned vehicle
- Sunset by teak boat for a more traditional experience on Irrawaddy river
In the morning time our Bagan tour team will pick up from your hotel by air-conditioned vehicle with local Bagan tour guide to enjoy a day tour in Mount Popa and Bagan. Begins with a horse cart ride through some temple area, for a final glimpse of the temples before departing to Mount Popa day trip. In the morning, there are fewer horse carts so the roads are less dusty and can be explored at a leisurely pace.
Next, guests drive to Mount Popa, leaving the temples behind and heading through the dry flatlands, and stopping at a small village en route where locals make a variety of treats from the juice of the palm tree. Watch as the farmers climb the tall toddy trees and tap the fruit, returning to land to boil the liquid into wine and sweet molasses. You can also help grind rice and corn, guiding the oxen as they pull the stone grinder.
Fruit and flower stalls line the roads up to Mount Popa, selling the beautiful golden Champac flowers, which are a symbol of the area. When you reach the top, enjoy panoramic views of the valley. On a clear day, you can see all the way out to the Ayeyarwady River.
After Mount Popa we will back to Bagan and to enjoy sunset from Irrawaddy river with a private boat, by a traditional teak boat for a romantic sunset cruise. Discover the magical view as you gaze upon the river. After sunset, your day tour to Mount Popa will finish and our Bagan tour team will take you back to your hotel.